The Downtown Courtenay BIA Marketing Committee is pleased to sponsor specific events that help bring the public to downtown, and that raise the profile of Downtown Courtenay within the community.
Recent sponsorships have included:
- Elevate the Arts, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Comox Valley Exhibition Fall Fair 2012, 2013, 2014
- Georgia Straight Jazz Society 2012 - 2013, 2013 - 2014 Seasons
- Comox Valley Youth Music Centre (CYMC) 2012, 2013 Seasons
- Classic Cruisers Graffiti Bash Show & Shine - ongoing sponsorship each year
- Local Colours Downtown Arts Fair - 2009 - 2013
- World Community Film Festival 2013, 2014, 2015
- Lunar New Year - Comox Valley Multicultural and Immigrant Support Society (CVMISS) event, 2013, 2015
- CRA Hallowe’en Parade & Party - ongoing sponsorship each year
If your organization is planning an event that is happening within the downtown core and would like to apply for a grant or sponsorship, please download the application form here: Downtown Courtenay Sponsorship Application Form. We would be very pleased to hear from you.
Not all sponsorships are based on a grant. If you need help in some other way for an event downtown, please talk to us about it.
Street Closure process for events within the downtown core:
You will need to obtain a permit from the City of Courtenay and a letter of support from the Downtown Courtenay Business Improvement Association to be able to close a street or sidewalks for a public event. Please download the information on requirements here: Downtown Courtenay Road Closure Procedure